We are all about being healthy these days. More leafy green, a bit juicing and yes of course some smoothie-ing, too. All in all it’s been rather pleasant, despite cutting back on our bacon intake. Yet sometimes it’s just too hard to stomach the ‘crunchy’ stuff. No we’re not talking straight granola as a whole; its just that some super duper power foods can taste more like plain ol’ super duper poop. We used to think that the Green Monster was one of them, that is until we tried this little recipe.
- 1 cup almond milk (vanilla flavored)
- 1 ripe banana, preferably peeled + frozen
- 2 handfuls organic kale (used in place of spinach due to freak allergy)
- 1 handful of frozen organic blueberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds OR ground flax
- 1 tbsp nut butter,
- 1-3 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp of raw organic honey
- protein powder of choice, (optional)
The trick is to always load your blender with the liquid first. It just makes all of your healthy goodies blend easier. Then add in the chia or flax, raw honey and nut butter. Next, add in the kale followed by the banana & blueberries on top. Blend until smooth, then adding in your ice cubes and blending some more. VOILA! Your new super green monster its healthy and tasty to boot. When eating better means drinking this yummy mix daily, you’re guaranteed to stick with it. Cutting the bacon out completely, however, is another story.
*Cover: Oh She Glows