Picture frames are a fantastic style feature in any home but when their look gets dated, or worse, the glass breaks, off to the recycle bin, they go right? WRONG. With a little creative thinking, you can find a whole new way to unleash their potential and often make them far more versatile then they’d ever been before. For example:
- If the glass breaks in your favorite frame, use the mounting to make a 3D piece of art.
- Add a coat of primer and chalkboard paint to the glass of an outdated frame and it becomes a mini-noteboard.
- Use decorated frames as signage for baby showers or parties or use an empty frame as a prop for fun photos.
- Take an empty frame and back it with mesh wire or pvc poles or simple shelves to create everything from an accessories holder to a wrapping paper and ribbon display.
- For a personalized gift, use a light-weight frame, a simple canvas and a sweet message to create a unique work of art.
The cost of frames these days can be just as high as their style, so there’s no need to kiss them goodbye just because of a little broken glass. Just consider it an opportunity to put the creative spotlight back on you and while increasing the sustainability of your home and style!